Friday 27 August 2010

the beginning

Today it was my last day at work. I quit my job to go travelling around Australia for 3 months. I was unable to return to my job but I though the memories I would gain would be better than staying at a job I dislike and wondering what if.

Although I didn't enjoy my job I have made some lovely friends that I will miss very much.

My last day was very special. Everyone had been very generous and I had a huge collection. From the office collection I got Australian Dollars. I also got Australian Dollars from Di & Ali, Jacqui, Bou and Vikki and this meant I had enough from them all to pay for the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb. Amazingly kind. I got given the office collection too early in the morning. The whole office had come in to see me receive my collection and card. I also got some funky sunglasses and a pink cowboy hat with corks on strings like a true Aussie hat from Pat. I was extremely embarrassed but I really appreciated everything everyone did to make my last day a memorable one.
After my day at work I went out for dinner with some of my closest friends from the office. It was a lovely way to end the day and my 2 years at the office.
I started the job on a temporary contract for 12 weeks to cover the summer holidays in 2008. After two years I finally learnt all the jobs that I could have and more. There was no chance of progression so it was the right time to leave, but it didn't make it any easier to say goodbye. I will miss everyone lots and I will be in to visit when I get back.

No comments: