Sunday 8 May 2011

when life gives you lemons

I made homemade lemonade for Easter. As it was a busy day I didn't have the time to take pictures, so I made it again today.
You need 3 or 4 lemons.
You will need a cup of caster sugar. The first time I made this lemonade I used golden caster sugar but either will be fine.
Squeeze the juice out of the lemons. At this point I didn't worry about the pips coming out because I put the lemon juice though a sieve.
To make the sugar syrup you need to put the caster sugar in to a pan. You need to put the same amount of water in to the pan as well, so use the same cup. Heat the sugar and water together until the sugar has gone. The water will be a clear but cloudy colour.
Put the sugar water in to a jug and sieve the lemon juice in to get rid of the pips and pulp. Top the jug up with water or to desired strength.
Put the jug in to the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes so it is nicely chilled. Serve over ice and enjoy. ♥

No comments: