Tuesday 18 December 2012

so much love in airports

Yesterday I wondered around Perth Museum (post here) whist waiting for my friend Becky to arrive back in Perth from Cairns. I finally met my beautiful friend Becky in the early afternoon (cheeky picture) who I'd not seen for 8 months. Becky literally ran at me, massive smile on her face, screaming. I dumped my bags on the floor, ran at her and had the best hug I've ever had, being picked up and spun around. I've missed her so very much.
 
I have been lucky enough to fly to many different countries and have been through many airports, but I have never gone to an airport and waited for someone in arrivals. Today we made our way to Perth airport to pick up Becky's mum, Maggie, who has flown from England via Singapore to spend Christmas and New Year here.
As we were in the International arrivals part of the airport, you know that some of the people who are being met may not have seen each other for months or even years. It was surprisingly emotional to see the smiles on everyone's faces as they catch the eye of the people they are meeting. Whilst waiting for Maggie we saw many tears, laughter and happy people being welcomed in to Perth. It reminded me of when I met my dad in Heathrow airport in 2010 after spending 3 months travelling around Australia and how happy I was to see his face light up when I walked through arrivals. This thought made me feel homesick for the first time. Mum, dad, Steve, Mark if you're reading this; I love you guys.
Maggie soon arrived and it was great to see how excited she was to be seeing Becky after 8 months and to be in Australia. We drove her back to our beautiful apartment (a review and peak inside here) and then walked along the beautiful Scarborough beach (pictures here).
 

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I love going to airports, I was at Gatwick once and there was a load of soldiers arriving and it was so emotional to see their girlfriends meet them!

I just love airports.

Charlotte xo